Educator Certification > Alternative Certificates: Higher Education Transitional Certificate: Letter of Eligibility

The Higher Education Transitional Certificate Approach (HETC) is for certain P-12, 6-12, and 4-8 teaching fields and is for an individual who has experience teaching at a regionally accredited college or university. The individual must submit to the Educator Certification Section an application for a Letter of Eligibility for the HETC in a teaching field. A superintendent who wishes to employ an individual to teach in the teaching field indicated on the valid Letter of Eligibility may request the Higher Education Transitional Certificate in that teaching field.

The Professional Educator Certificate may be issued after all HETC requirements are met.